Sunday, November 22, 2015

Museum of Flight


Talitha took us to the Museum of Flight in Seattle yesterday. It was a lot of fun. We got to walk through Air Force One and a Concorde jet as well as a space shuttle that was used for training astronauts. I think the kids really liked the Flight Zone where they got to play on smaller airplanes and helicopters. The space section was also neat and it was interesting to see all of the planes used in some of the earlier wars. My favorite though was the SR-71. This was always my favorite plane growing up. I remember making a model of it when I was younger, having a few small toys of it, and reading about it in books. I had seen it at this museum before a long time ago, but this time they actually had a cockpit that you could get in. We all had to give it a try. It was a really fun day and it was super nice of Talitha to take us.

Afterward Christian and Elliott got to hang out with her for a little while longer. Sounds like she took them to a bouncy house, but when they got there she discovered that Christian was not wearing any socks. They had to run across the street to Walmart to pick some up and then got to return. She then took them out to McDonalds. They talked about it for the rest of the night. I think it was a pretty ideal outing for those two boys.

















No comments: