Sunday, November 15, 2015

Allegiant

A while back I mentioned that I started the book Allegiant. I am not really a fan of trilogy movies. I just don't like having to wait a year or two to find out what happens next in the story. Often I end up watching the first movie or two and then read the final book to find out what happens. I know it would be better if I read the whole series, but I am a really slow reader.

At first I wasn't really liking the book. It had been a while since I had seen the second movie in the series so I was having trouble remembering some of the back story. Also, the narrative of this book switches back an forth between the two main characters every chapter and I wasn't really liking that very much. But once I got into the book I started liking it a lot more. I especially like how the story turned out. I recently saw the trailer for the movie and it seemed like they may have made some major changes. I am really interested in seeing the movie now to see how much they kept the same. I really do not care all that much when movies don't follow books exactly since I usually find both really interesting.

I am thinking my next book will be either The Martian or The Scorch Trials depending on what is available at the library.



1 comment:

Mary-Anne said...

I heard The Martian is good, but it has a lot of strong language in it. Just as a warning! I hate it when I start a book and then can't finish it because of the language.