Sunday, November 1, 2015

First Frost

The temperature has been cooling down here in Pocatello the past couple of weeks. You can definitely tell that it is fall. I think the highs have been staying in the low 50s and we have had quite a few wet windy days. Although not as beautiful as our Fall in Upstate New York, it is fun to see all the leafs change colors on the trees. On Friday morning we had our first frost and as the clouds moved away it was clear that it had snowed in the mountains. I am actually pretty excited for it to start snowing here. I am worried about how my road bike will do on the roads in the snow, but other than that I am looking forward to the change of seasons. The forecast says it may snow on Tuesday this week, so we will see.


This was Tuesday coming in to work. The moon was huge, but unfortunately that doesn't show in this picture.



This is out my office window on Friday. You can see some change in the color of the leafs on the trees right out my window and then snow at the top of the mountains. Those mountains are not the tallest ones right around Pocatello and many of the others had a lot more snow on them.

No comments: