Sunday, November 1, 2015

Chili Cook-off Winner!

I know Rebecca wouldn't want me to post this, but she is 750 miles away so she doesn't have a choice. I just got off of Skype with her and she modestly told me that her chili won their ward's chili cook-off last night. She did say that it was probably because everyone in the family voted for it. I guess that would give it 8 votes. But I am guessing she was just downplaying how good it really was. I don't have any pictures, but just imagine the best chili you have ever tasted and then multiple it by three. This is her first time winning a chili cook-off, but it does seem like she frequently wins these types of things for other food that she makes.

I do remember one year - maybe the year we were in Syracuse - when we made a chili for the cook off. I think I did most of the cooking on that one. For some reason we didn't taste it before we went to the church. Part way through the meal we checked on our chili and we were surprised that most of it was still left. Then we both tried it and all we could taste was salt. I like to think that maybe one of the kids accidentally spilled some extra salt in it or maybe one of our competitors had to spoil our chance of winning, but it was awful. Really I am sure that I must have just got the measurements wrong. We felt really bad for everyone who had tried it already.

2 comments:

Andrea Landaker said...

Recipe or it didn't happen! ;-)

Talitha said...

Rebecca is a great cook! It doesn't surprise me that she won or was modest about it!