Sunday, April 30, 2017

General Conference

I know this was a little while ago, but I still wanted to get in a post about General Conference. There were some wonderful talks and it has been great going back through and listening to them all again. It started off with a wonderful Women's Session which I got to listen to because Christian and I listened to it with Julia as we drove down to pick up my parents from the airport. It was cool because I felt like there were things in that session that I needed to hear at that time and they wouldn't have been as meaningful if I just listened to them online a few weeks later. There was one story in particular that President Eyring shared about seeing the potential of his son that really stood out to me.

We did all of the regulars this year - getting different treats for different words, cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, coloring pages, a tent like King Benjamin's people, and so on. But probably the most exciting thing was the announcement that a temple will be built in Pocatello! It will probably take 7 years, but it is super exciting. There is a lot of speculation of where it might be and one of the rumors is right by our Stake Center, less than 5 minutes from our house.











Before the first session lots of the Elders, High Priests, and Young Men went to a few houses in the ward to do some yard work. That motivated me to get working on the rocks in our yard between the other sessions. So far I just have two area of our flower beds finished. I am excited for all the yard projects that I have to work on this summer. It will feel good to be outside in the warm sun.




No comments: