Sunday, April 30, 2017

Asher's Baby Blessing and a Visit from Family

Caleb and Amery's BYU-Idaho graduation and Asher's baby blessing fell on the same weekend so we had lots of my family around to celebrate those two events with us. Talitha and my parents were the first to arrive on Thursday evening. Then Friday they went up to Rexburg early to spend some time with Caleb. I had an all day meeting, so some of the children and I rushed up as soon as that was over. We just barely made it in to the graduation. And by barely I mean the doors were closed and they had sent everyone away except one of my sister's talked one of the ushers in to giving us our tickets when we arrived. I opened the door and he was right there. I thought we was going to say that we couldn't come in, but instead he said "Brother Swift, come right this way." I guess my sister was able to give a pretty good description for him to now exactly who I was. The graduation ended up going until late and we didn't get the children who came (Julia, Ethan, Christian, and Elliott) home for bed until about 11pm. I am not sure why they do an evening graduation like that.

The whole weekend had rain off and on. We tried to make the most of sunny breaks and got a hike in. Some people also played basketball. And of course we spent a lot of time playing games inside. We got in a few card games, reverse charades, psychiatrist, and mafia. My favorite game moment was during mafia. I forget who was leading it, but Rebecca, my mom, and I (who were sitting right next to each other) were the three mafia. My dad was one of the police. When the leader called for the mafia to raise their heads, my dad had mistakenly looked up. We didn't see him and didn't know, but he saw all three of us. He didn't say a single thing about it. First round I made everyone suspect mom to try to throw the scent off of myself. I was going to do Rebecca, but someone else suggested it was me or mom because they heard something over by us. We ended up going through a few rounds and my dad never said anything. Then both he and I were accused. I said it wasn't me, I was a police and the medic better keep me alive from here on out. But my dad said he was the police and he knew I was the mafia because he looked up at the mafia time by accident and saw who the mafia were. I thought that was hilarious.

The baby blessing went great and Sunday, but it was sad to see everyone go. Luckily we will have a family reunion this summer and get to see even more of the Swift family then. 


My mom gave all of the Swift granddaughters some of her extra missionary name tags. I think they thought it was really cool.

I guess that is where all my hair went to! What a cute guy.






There were two parts of the graduation. The big ceremony with everyone, and then it was split into colleges.


There is Caleb!

When the cousins get together things get pretty wild. These two were probably the worst. We will really have to limit the rough housing that they were doing next time.


We did get a hike in up the foothills behind our house.





Jacob, Rebecca, Talitha, and I went the long way back. I showed Jacob the remains of an abandoned truck.




Everyone always gets a kick out of Agnes falling asleep while eating. This does happen often when she misses her naps. Food is just so hypnotic for her. She is super cute when it happens.


No comments: