Sunday, July 2, 2017

Summer Activities

We have been having a great summer. It has been going by super fast though. Here are some of the activities that we have been doing this summer.

Christian worked on this one for a few days. It is one of those Star Wars tank things that walks around. He just tried to find all of the pieces from our huge bins, so a lot of it is mixed up colors. He also did a little improvising. He was pretty proud of it when he was done.





We have been using our new fire pit area some. We still need a few more big rocks/logs for sitting on.




We have also been fishing a lot. These pictures are from a time when we invited Ethan's and Christian's friends to come along. With our three boys and their two boys our limit was 10 fish. We caught that in about an hour and a half and all of them were pretty excited. I can't get an Idaho fishing license because I still have an Alaska Driver's license. This means I can't touch the pole. I do put the worms on for them and then take the fish off the hooks, but the boys have gotten really good and casting it out and reeling the fish in on their own.







We have also been reading a lot. Christian just started on the Harry Potter books, Ethan has been enjoying the Diary of a Wimpy Kid ones, and Julia reads whatever she can get her hands on. As a family we just finished Tuesdays at the Castle which they all loved.

Rebecca and I have been doing the library reading program. The challenge for adults is to read 2000 pages from June through August 11th. Rebecca reads enough to finish that easily, but for me, I was thinking that would be impossible. I did finish Fellowship of the Ring a week after the program started so I am going to count those 500 pages. Then Rebecca and I started The Two Towers. Rebecca suggested that I listen to audio books while I work on the yard and that was an awesome idea. I listened to The Hunchback of Notre Dame (940 pages) which I liked a lot. Then I listened to The Invisible Man (149 pages) which I didn't like at all. I wanted to listen to another classic, but the audio program that my library has doesn't have a lot of the ones I wanted to try (Don Quixote, Les Miserable, War and Peace).

No comments: