Sunday, July 16, 2017

Daddy & Daughter Activity

Julia's activity day girls had a daddy and daughter activity this past week. All they told us was the place, the time, and to come prepared to get wet.

Julia and I were both pretty excited for it. There were probably about 15 girls and their dads there. Julia is now one of the older ones and it is fun seeing how she interacts with the other girls.



So basically it was a ton of water games. I didn't want to get my camera wet, so I just have a before and after picture. But we played a balloon toss with soapy hands, flung the balloons with towels seeing who could get the farthest (btw, it was me and Julia), played baseball with one of those super absorbent water balls, played dodge ball, and just threw the balloons at each other.

I gave Julia a warning ahead of time that if she gets me wet, then I would get her really wet. Well she got me once really good right in the pants - bad enough that a few of the other fathers commented on it. But I had the last laugh. Here she is before and after. I was pretty much dry by the time we went home.





I loved having that personal time with Julia. As she gets older it seems like I need that time more and more to really learn about her, what she likes and dislikes, what she thinks about, and what makes her happy. When she was young all those things were just tied to me and Rebecca, but now she really is her own person. I also liked seeing how the other fathers interacted with their daughters. There are a lot of great examples all around me. And the leaders who put it on are great and I can really tell that they care a lot about all of the girls. They are kind and patient with them, but most of all want them to be happy and have fun. I really appreciate that.

No comments: