Sunday, May 28, 2017

Miscellaneous Activities

Just a few things that we have been up to around the house for the past couple of weeks.

On one Saturday we went up to ISU for some of the campus activities. The museum was having some dinosaur activities. The children got to make their own fossils, look for others, and just learn a little about dinosaurs.



The main thing we went to campus for was to see the fiddle competition. It was an all day event. We got to watch some of the children play and then the competitive adult portion. There was one guy who played who had won the National Title twice. It was really fun to hear.



Julia has been sewing a lot. Here she is working on a doll dress. She is getting better and better and she seems to love doing it.


Agnes told us all afternoon she was not tired for a nap up until she fell asleep on the floor next to Asher. At first she was sleeping sitting on the counter after she started helping Rebecca cook. Rebecca hopped her down and suggested she go lay on the couch. Instead she just fell asleep there.



Ethan finally got his fidget spinner in the mail. I can't believe how popular those things are. I was thinking it was weird that these toys are such a fad, but then I remembered tickle me Elmo, Furbies, and beanie babies. I guess these are just the latest thing. I wish I could invent the next toy fad though. I read that since Feb 2017 when the spinners were introduced it's already become a $500,000,000 business.

No comments: