Sunday, January 31, 2016

Castle

We have been having a lot of extra boxes with all of the furniture that we have been buying. The biggest of our boxes so far came from our two couches. We ended up buying two couches from Costco and they came in the giant boxes. I cut them up to lay them out on our garage floor for the cars (even though we are a one car family we have three cars in our garage right now) to drive on so all of the rocks and snow and everything will be easy to clean up once Spring rolls around. The pieces I cut are big enough to fit one car completely on them each. Even so, there were some pretty big pieces left over. Luckily we get free curbside recycling here in Pocatello (you had to pay for it in Alaska, so we ended up just stockpiling our recycling and making a big trip to the recycling center about once a month).

Anyway, the kids asked if they could borrow a piece to make a castle. They were down there for a couple hours or so working away and when I came down I was pretty impressed with what they had created. They had windows and a door and had colored it and everything. We have had some fun sword fighting games since then with me storming the castle and them trying to take it back.


By the way, I love Costco. I always feel good about the quality of the products that I can buy there, but if something does go wrong I am never worried about them not letting me take it back. I don't even have to keep the receipt because they just look it up on the credit card. Yesterday we were in there and I noticed that the couches were $200 less than what we paid for them. I told them that at the customer service desk and they just put $400 back on our credit card. I thought that was awesome.

1 comment:

Talitha said...

$200 less each? Is that why you got $400? I do love Costco too and agree they are a great company.