Sunday, December 6, 2015

Mirror Shopping

Rebecca and I decided that we would have a built in mirror for the master bathroom in our home, but that we would just put in wall mirrors for the other two bathrooms. One of our big goals while I was there was to buy some mirrors (1 for the upstairs bathroom and 2 for the downstairs one) so that I could bring them back with me in time for the builders to install them.

Finding the right mirrors was a difficult task. Rebecca and I went shopping together on one day and found some that we thought we liked. We got the upstairs bathroom one and then one fort he downstairs bathroom. The store didn't have a matching second one for the downstairs bathroom, but they said they did in their Lakewood store (about 30 minutes away). The next day I took Ethan and Agnes to get that second mirror, but when I got there it was not the same one (apparently they don't have product numbers at the store and the person had to just try to guess about the mirror based on how it was described over the phone). So Ethan, Agnes, and I shopped all around at the stores in that area to see what we could find. Then Rebecca and I made another trip, and then one last one on Black Friday. I am sure we bought over a dozen possible mirrors for that downstairs bathroom. Then we got more specific measurements from the builder and we found out that all of the ones we were considering were too wide. So we did one more big shopping trip and took all of the old ones back. We ended up not being able to find what we wanted for the downstairs bathroom, but at least we had an upstairs one that we were pretty happy about.

I carefully brought it back to Pocatello and put it in the bathroom in our home so the builders could hang it. When I went back to the house the next day, here is what I found:




One of those things you just have to laugh about. So after all of that, we are still looking for three mirrors for our bathrooms.

1 comment:

Talitha said...

David said the builder could just cut a new glass for that one and use the frame still.