Thursday, September 17, 2015

Do the Puyallup

Growing up, one of my favorite things to do at the end of summer was to go to the fair. Puyallup has a excellent fair and it seems like wherever I go, if someone is familiar with Western Washington and I tell them that I am from Puyallup, they say "Oh, that's the place with the big fair." I haven't been for years and I didn't get to go this year, but at least Rebecca got to take the kids. 




From their report, it sounds like they had a really fun time. They enjoyed seeing the animals, the big vegetables, some of the other attractions, and the fair food, but most of all it sounds like they liked the rides that they got to go on best. I can't remember ever taking them on fair type rides before so this may have been their first time. They each got to pick one ride to go on. 

Ethan, Christian, and Elliott all picked a roller-coaster.  Ethan told me that he felt like he was going to fall out because the bar didn't hold him tight enough. He also told me it was pretty scary because he was in the front cart and it might be a little while before he wants to go on another one again. Christian told me that he that it was fun and scary too.
 




Julia picked to ride a pony. She liked it a lot, but felt like their ride was too short.



Looks like they also got to catch some fish.







Thinking back to when I was younger I never really did the rides. It may have been that they didn't interest me as much or maybe they just cost too much money. Some of the things that I do remember that I liked a lot were the games (I didn't play any of these until I was a teenager and had my own money to waste though), the cheap pickles, the fresh cow milk, the huge displays of vegetables that were arranged to look like paintings, and all of the cool booths with people trying to sell toys and other products.

No comments: