Saturday, September 19, 2015

Animal Fun

I had an adventurous morning taking care of the animals today. First I went out to feed the fish that they have in two ponds and that went fine except for one of their cats kept following me around really close. I thought maybe it just wanted some attention, but I was kind of in a hurry. Then I went out one of the side doors to water the plants, and my first step out was on top of something kind of squishy. I looked down to see that the cat that had been following me had killed a squirrel and placed it there for me to see. After I noticed it, the cat was looking at me to see if I was proud of it. I tried not to acknowledge because I didn't want it killing any more squirrels while I am watching it, but I didn't want to punish it because I don't know if the owners want it to get the squirrels.

After taking care of the dead squirrel I went over to feed the chickens. Somehow one of them got out. I ended up chasing it all around before I was finally able to corner it and get it back in its gated area. Then I noticed that two pigeons were stuck in the chicken area. They must have been able to squeeze through the fence somehow, but as they tried to squeeze back through in a panic their wings were flapping too much to fit. I was able to finally shoe them out of the area. Overall, I thought it was an amusing way to start the day.

No comments: