Sunday, September 9, 2018

July 8


This morning Agnes and I decided to get up early and go to the Banqiao Chinese speaking ward for Sacrament Meeting. I was hoping to see a family that I had taught while I was on my mission. Right before the meeting began, they walked in. I was so happy to see them. Back when I taught them Brother and Sister Chen had two young children, Steven who was 4 and Angel who was 1. For the past 7 years Brother Chen has been in Viet Nam for work, but Sister Chen and Angel and Steven where there, only Angel was now 19 and Steven was 22. It was so fun talking to them and thinking about all the different things that had happened in their life ever since that day they were baptized. After Sacrament Meeting we went out into the hall and I was able to do a video chat with Brother Chen. They also set it up so I did a video chat with my companion that taught the lessons to them with me. After that, they came and met my family when they arrived for the English ward. It made me so happy to see the Chen family again and see that they had kept their faith in the gospel. I always imagine that that is so hard for converts who don’t have any family in the church and I am so grateful that I was born into a family where I was taught the gospel in my youth. That afternoon we played some games and watched some more episodes of Random Acts as a family.


At church with the Chen Family. It was so awesome to see them.



No comments: