Sunday, September 4, 2016

Pocatello Marathon

This Saturday Julia, Ethan, Christian, and Elliott ran in the Pocatello Marathon. I was busy with getting our yard ready for sprinklers, so I missed it, but Rebecca said the children had a lot of fun. They signed up for the 1 mile race. The first 100 or so people to sign up got to run for free, so fortunately we got to take advantage of that. Rebecca set them of as partners (Ethan and Christian, Julia and Elliott) and let them run the race all on their own. They reported that they were able to run almost the whole way. When it was over they got pizza, poweraid, steak skewers, and other yummy treats. They came home with new shirts, a medal, and big smiles.




The first couple weeks of school have gone well so far. After school Julia, Ethan, and Christian have often been tired and a little grumpy, but they have been playing well together too. Here are pictures of Ethan and Christian with knight costumes that they worked on one day.





This last week we also saw a double rainbow. It was nice to take a break to check it out. I have been trying to be home as much as possible to get our yard finished. It has been difficult juggling the yard work and my real work at ISU, but luckily the sprinklers and edging get put in on Tuesday, so I only have one more day of yard work left. I don't think I am going to get it all done, but hopefully enough for everything to be put in.



Another fun thing this week, on Friday we watched Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I saw it listed on the library website and thought it sounded funny, so I put it on hold a few weeks ago. It wasn't that great. I fell asleep during it and Rebecca ended up working on a few projects during it and she missed a lot of it too. But I did think it was a fun idea.

1 comment:

Jacquelyn said...

I thought that movie was way better than I had expected it to be.