Sunday, February 7, 2016

Fat Tire Bike

The winter here in Pocatello hasn't been too bad. We have had a snow cover since the end of December, but for the most part the temperature has been staying in the upper 20s. With the snow on the ground though I was really nervous about riding my new road bike to work. So Rebecca really encouraged me to get a new fat tire bike. I did feel guilty buying two expensive bikes in such a short period of time (expensive for me since previously I had either gotten my bikes for cheap of Craigslist or from Walmart), but I needed something to get to work.

Here is the one I ended up getting - still trying to come up with a name if you have any ideas.

Gravity 29 PLUS Mountain bikes Fatbikes

I had the choice between black and orange and Rebecca pointed out to me that since I was going to be riding this during the winter when it might be darker out in the mornings and evenings, I would stand out more if I went with the orange option. It has been great so far. I have had no slipping at all even when the roads are slippery and for its size, I think it is still a pretty light bike. I have been getting some great workouts riding home from work everyday, but for some reason my body doesn't seem to recognize that yet. It does have 29" wheels so I think that helps with the hill some.

No comments: