Monday, January 9, 2012

Elliott James Swift

This is the handsome man himself! He came early Sunday morning, after a quick labor starting around 2:30am. I was a little hesitant calling our planned babysitters in the middle of the night, but we finally did around 3:30 when I was sure it was not a false alarm. We made it to the hospital a little after 4, and after signing in, getting checked out and hooked on IVs, they said I was dilated to an 8! It was so quick I was worried I wouldn't be able to get any pain medication, but there was an amazing anesthesiologist that gave me an epidural that starting working in about 5 minutes. So about 15 minutes after that, I was able to deliver the baby pain-free! He came at 5:28am. We are so grateful that he is healthy and strong and that there were no complications. There were some knots in the umbilical cord, so I am so glad he wasn't in any distress or anything. I am feeling fine, just tired and a bit sore, but I think my body is getting used to this having babies business and the recovery has been easier each time.

After the rush of the morning, Joshua relieved our babysitters and took the kids to church, and then over to visit us in the afternoon at the hospital. Then this afternoon we got to be discharged. Luckily Joshua doesn't have classes until next week, so he'll be able to be around. So far I have no idea how I'll be able to handle 4 kids during the day on my own! I'm going to have to step up my parenting/multi-tasking skills quickly.




9 comments:

Annie said...

Very cute name and cute boy! Sounds like you guys are already pretty efficient at getting things done. I'm impressed you took the kids to church right after you had the baby. The good thing is that the older kids just keep getting bigger and more independent, so you don't have to worry about and help them so much (you mostly just have to break up arguments and be "crowd control"...) :) You'll do great!

Congratulations!

The Swift said...

SO SO CUTE! I can't wait to meet him! (and Christian) :) Are you guys planning on coming to P-Town this summer when Isaac comes home? I think we are and it would be great to see you!

F said...

he's so handsome! how nice to have Joshua for this first week at home - what a blessing! we sure love you guys and can't wait to see you, maybe, at Juli's wedding??? :) lots of love

Tina said...

Congratulations! Glad all went well! He is sweet!

Mary-Anne said...

Yay! He's so cute. Glad everyone is doing well. Can't wait to meet him. Hope we get to see you guys soon.

Christina said...

Oh, HOORAY! Congratulations again! I'm so glad everything went smoothly and quickly. He's beautiful, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name. Honestly, I couldn't have chosen a more perfect name and you know I'm super picky! :)
I'm so happy for all of you swifts!

Jodi said...

Oh he is just precious! Congratulations!!! I hope that you are feeling well!

Jacquelyn and Doug said...

Elliott is a wonderful name. He'll be a great addition to your family. Can't wait to see him. Maybe on the way home from Japan we can stop in Anchorage.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I just found your blog! and I can't believe how big your kiddos have gotten...and you had another one. He is so cute! just like his older siblings! Plus LOVE the name!