Sunday, September 22, 2019

Start of the School Year

We are now well into the school year. It has been going great. The children are all doing well in their classes. This is Agnes' first year and she loves it. Ethan also seems to really like middle school. Here are some of our back-to-school pictures.


Here are the elementary school children with their teachers.

Christian with Mrs. Price - she is amazing! So far, we have always got her for fourth grade.


Elliott with Mr. Crawford. This is our first time having him.


Agnes with Mrs. Dobson. She is the only kindergarten teacher at the school. Kindergarten is half day now, so we are getting used to picking Agnes up at 11 from the bus stop.










Asher wanted to make sure he got his picture in.




Ethan and Julia are doing cross country. They are both so amazing. They both have their days when they do not want to do it, but they are good sports and both improving a lot. In the first race, Julia got 16:09. Her fastest time for last year was 16:30 in her final race. In the second race, which is longer and has a lot of hills she got 19:45. That is still three full minutes faster than her best time on that course last year. Ethan got 14:30 on his first race and 16:20 on the second one. I have been running a lot with him. Just last Thursday though I did a 4 mile run with Ethan and it seemed like he might be as fast as me. I think I could still beat him if it was an actual race, but my pushing it running speed was the same as his. I am going to have to really work hard to try to keep ahead of him for another year or so. Although I am really proud of both of them for how well they are doing, I did think I would get in another decade or so before they would actually be faster than me.














And Agnes started a dance class. It is just a group of her friends (3 other girls) who enrolled and they have been having a fun time.



No comments: