Sunday, December 4, 2016

First Presidency Christmas Devotional

We watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional this evening. I am so glad that the church does that every first Sunday of December. This year the final talk was by President Eyring on having peace in our lives. It was especially good. We had been talking about some of his comments on that earlier in church today, so the topic had been on my mind throughout the day. Rebecca and I have also been working on helping the children have peace in our home. The Savior definitely set the perfect example of this. I like how He was able to be at peace no matter what was going on around Him.



You can watch a rebroadcast of it here (www.lds.org or https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/categories/christmas-devotionals?lang=eng) if you would like.

We started a new family tradition for the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. We had nachos for dinner while we watched and then everyone got to suck on a candy cane after they were done with their dinner. The children all liked it and they agreed that we should keep doing it every year. I think the candy cane part is especially good because it gives them something to do with their hands and their mouth so the rest of their body has to just sit and listen. They were all pretty attentive throughout the whole thing. It was also fun watching Julia and Ethan eat their candy canes. They both tried to make theirs as sharp as possible. But then they started poking each other. I had to smile though because I remember doing that same thing when I was young.





No comments: