Monday, August 24, 2015

Called to Serve

This weekend I went down to Utah to see my parents one last time before they caught their flight to the Philippines. I know my parents are excited to go, but I still think it is a big sacrifice to give up their time to serve in that country. We are excited to hear what kind of adventures they will have and are really proud of them for going. We are also grateful for the example of missionary service that they are setting for our children. They will be gone for 1.5 years, but luckily they will get to call and Skype every once in a while with updates.






It was also nice to be able to spend time with them and Nathanael's family after my first week and a half alone in Pocatello. On the Saturday we did a fun hike, some shopping, and some games. They had Pass the Pigs and it had been a long time since I had played that game. On Sunday we went to church and did a walk around their neighborhood. It was also fun to see Nathanael and Mary-Anne's children and play with them a little. Since they are close in age to Elliott and kind of Agnes, it helped me imagine what they might have been up to over the weekend. Nathanael and Mary-Anne made some wonderful meals while I was there and so that was a nice break from the microwavable dishes that I have been having.


No comments: