Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Our new home

We're finally in our house! We closed on the home February 24th, then spent the following weekend moving in. Joshua did most of the moving and I cleaned the apartment while some friends watched our kids. A highlight was Saturday afternoon when I got to watch Joshua muscle the refrigerator up the stairs virtually alone; his only help was a little direction pointing from me. We love it! It's an older four bedroom, two bath split-level, updated on the inside, and less than two miles from the university (nice commute). When we first started looking for homes here, we were really discouraged because house prices are so high in Alaska; but although this is not our ultimate dream home, it far exceeds all our needs and fulfills many wants, and we feel super blessed to be in it. The kids love running around in all the space, and I think there are more cabinets in the kitchen than in all our previous homes' kitchens combined!

Joshua took a video of the home before we moved our things in, so here it is--

Tour of the upstairs



Tour of the downstairs



4 comments:

Andrea Landaker said...

Yay, I'm happy for you!

Mary-Anne said...

How exciting! The house looks great. I want to see pictures after you decorate! I'm jealous...we don't move into our house until June!!

Annie said...

Looks great!

Peggy said...

LOVE your new house!!!! I am so very excited for you and your family!!! I am anxiously awaiting the sequel movie--house with furniture, children and the yard!!!

Love ya