Sunday, April 11, 2010

Alaska!


Great news! We wanted to let everyone know that we will soon be moving to Alaska. I recently accepted a job in the psychology department at the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA). UAA is part of the state university system with UA-Fairbanks and UA-Juneau. UAA is the largest of the three Universities with about 20,000 students at that campus alone. The psychology department that I will be in offers a bachelors, a masters in clinical psychology, and a doctorate in community and clinical psychology. I have been hired for a tenure-track assistant professor position that starts this upcoming Fall 2010 semester. As part of this job I will be doing some teaching, some advising, and some research. It will be a great position for me! We are all excited for the move, for the employment, and the opportunity that we will have to see spectacular views and abundant wildlife (believe it or not, I even saw a moose on campus when I was there interviewing). We would welcome any visitors who would like to see Alaska.


View of Anchorage


5 comments:

Annie said...

Wow! Congratulations on the position and for new adventures!

SSToone said...

Congrats! My oldest cousin Rick transferred from Ricks to play basketball there and that's where he met his wife. That sounds like a great opportunity!

whitney said...

So exciting! Just wow...Alaska, huh?! Congrats on starting this new chapter of your lives!

Doranda said...

congrats!!

Tianna said...

I can't wait to come and visit!