Monday, September 21, 2009

Summer 2009

Because Joshua had a two month lapse between finishing school work and starting his internship in New York, we got to spend a wonderful, idle summer trading off time at the Little and the Swift grandparents’ homes in Washington until we thoroughly wore out our welcome. Some of the highlights that we enjoyed were seeing Joshua’s brother Isaac receive the Melchizedeck priesthood, my brother Tyler coming home from his mission (and meeting him at the airport!), a family reunion in Spokane at Joshua’s sister Tianna’s house, a getaway for me and Joshua in Leavenworth, and best of all, finding out we are expecting! It was so much fun to see Ethan and Julia play and interact with their relatives. We didn't take many pictures, but I've posted those we have:



Playing at the park



At the zoo in Colorado Springs
The kids especially loved feeding the giraffes!
Julia and Ethan had a good time getting to know relatives
(Julia and her second cousin Isobel on the train)

In Spokane at our Swift family reunion--
We separated into teams and did a scavenger hunt, taking pictures of our finds

Tianna planned a great carnival for the kids!
Here is Julia playing the Cake Walk
Ethan going fishing

10 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

Yay! An update! :) Glad you had a fun summer. It sure was good to see you guys! Hope all is well in New York.

Doranda said...

It was fun to hang out with you guys over the summer! Tucker liked getting to know his cousins better also.

SSToone said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! Looks like you had a good time!

Annie said...

Yeah! It sounds like you had a good summer and congrats on #3 in the oven! I still have something to put in the mail to you, back from Jared's party in May...

Tina said...

Yay! Congrats on expecting. I can't believe how much your kids have grown just from your last post! Hope you are feeling ok.

Tianna said...

It was so nice to see you this summer. I have a couple things that Julia left here. I will try to get them in the mail. Can you e-mail me your new address and phone number?

Melissa said...

Congratulations on expecting your third; that's so exciting! It was fun to see you and Julia for a minute at the movie theatre this summer; I wish we could have talked more. You have a beautiful family!

Gardners said...

Oh, I miss those faces! Congratulations on the new one! Will you still be in NY next summer?

Anonymous said...

Rebecca! I saw a link to your blog on Mary's and I was so excited. If you don't mind, I would love to keep up with you guys!
Yay, for baby #3!! You are such a wonderful mother, any sweet baby would be blessed to come into your home. :) What a fun and full summer!! I can't believe how much your kiddos have grown!! They are adorable!!

Peggy said...

I really miss you----this summer was wonderful!!! Thanks for updating your post-
Love you lots,
Auntie Peggy